Saturday, February 27, 2010

Take On Me. Forever. I Don't Care If You're Sick of Me.

“So, honey, don’t you think it’s time you got a job or something?”

“A job? What do you expect me to do?”

“Well, I’m sure you could find something. Maybe a motorcycle mechanic or an artist? I mean you have experience in both of those...”

“A mechanic? You think that just because I used to drive motorcycles in a comic book and can handle a pipe wrench in a fight that I can be a mechanic?”

“Well, honey it’s just that since you… you… whatever you did to get out of that comic book, you’ve just been sort of sitting around for the last few years. Don’t you think it’s time you became a part of the real world? I mean you busted out of the book so you could be in the real world. But instead you just sit around and read comic books all day.”

“No, sugar tits. I busted out of the book so I could be with what I thought was a hot piece of ass. But that ass has gotten kind of wide lately. Can’t help but notice."

“WIDE? Have you seen your gut lately? Talk about wide! Christ, what was I thinking, letting a fucking DRAWING crash at my house?! I could’ve been reading ‘Garfield’ for all the help you are around here.”

"Besides, I read comics so I can keep up with all my old comic book buddies. You're on goddamn Facebook all the time, chatting with your old buddies; I'm keeping in touch with my old friends. What’s wrong with you going to work every day?”

“Jesus, why can't you just get a freaking job?! God I hate you. Fuck you!”

“Fuck you too!” *sob*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

[ ... ] link is being shared on Twitter right now. @zenx, an influential author, said RT @1ndus: Xtreme [ ... ]

Anonymous said...

You actually made me laugh out loud. . . I had forgotten all about this song, and twenty-five years later. . we're probably about the same age!